All Antique and Vintage Rosaries that I list come from my private collection. They are genuine antiques – older than 100 years – or genuine vintages – from 30 to 100 years old. All are in perfect condition and still very much usable. They are unique and a real pleasure to collect or still use.
The item in this listing has the following characteristics:
This is a large Catholic Rosary in jet and vermeil dating from the mid 1800’s - in perfect condition.
Vermeil is Sterling Silver gilded with Gold.
1) 12 mm average Vintage hand faceted Jet beads for the Ave Marias and same beads for the Pater Nosters . The Paters are separated from the Aves by Vermeil filigree separators.
2) The beads are definitely hand made in view of the small variations in size and shape. They have a splendid black color and shine.
3) A large Vermeil Filigree cross 90 x 55 mm (3.6 x 2.20in.) The center is also in Vermeil filigree and of large size, of same style as the cross both very typical of the Spanish style.
5. All Metal parts are Vermeil.
6. Total length: 75 cm (30 in.) -- Total weight : 164 grams - It will easily go over the head to be eventually worn. This is quize a large item.
7. Very interesting and highly rare Memento Mori large Janus bead of noble material near the cross. Memento Mori means in Latin: “Remember that you will die”. Janus bead refers to a bead with two sides with opposite representations: Young and old, live face and skull… On this rosary is a bead representing live Jesus on one side and death on the other. It is related to a reflection on mortality, especially as a means of considering the vanity of earthly life and the passing nature of all earthly goods and pursuits.
The Memento Mori bead has a size of 28 x 23 mm ( 1.12 x 0.92 in.) and a beautiful carving. There is a big possibility that it dates earlier than the rosary to be of the 17th century.
Unlike all other items available for sale this bead is not a simple skull bead but a two faced bead which is the original item to be used on such rosaries.
This item is unique and of utmost rarity, it is over 100 years old and still in great condition. Very heavy in Vermeil with great design and a beautiful glow and sparkle.
This great heirloom has passed unscathed through many generations.
All Pictures are an intrinsic part of the description. Please use the zoom feature for high definition large photos.
Please do not hesitate to ask any question.
==== FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ====
This is a magnificient item that you will greatly enjoy or that would make a fantastic gift.
My selling principle is : " SATISFACTION OR REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %. I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase.
NO QUESTIONS ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
BUY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE
I accept Etsy Payment as well as Paypal.
All my items are shipped worldwide FREE from Switzerland.
Shipping is by A priority, Registered airmail, signed for delivery, with tracking number or by UPS.
ALWAYS ADVISE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS THIS IS NOW REQUIRED BY ALL SERVICES
Tracking number as well as tracking website is advised to sellers as soon as shipping is done.
Thank you for your business.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
My selling principle is:
" SATISFACTION OR REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %.
I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase;
NO QUESTIONS ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
Buy with total confidence !!!!
Please do not hesitate to let me know your special requests.