All Antique and Vintage Rosaries that I list come from my private collection. They are genuine antiques – older than 100 years – or genuine vintages – from 30 to 100 years old. All are in perfect condition and still very much usable. They are unique and a real pleasure to collect or still use.
The item in this listing is of extreme rarity and has the following characteristics:
This Rosary is made of Exceptional quality Jet faceted beads and 18 Carat solid Gold, dating from the 1920's and in pristine, perfect condition.
1) The beads are Oval hand faceted Jet beads 7.5 x 6 mm for the Ave Marias and jet round hand facted beads for the Pater Nosters with 7 mm diameter
2) The beads are definitely hand made in view of the small variations in size and shape.
3) 18 K. Gold cross 45 X 20 mm with the bail. Please look at the picture closely. Definitely Art Nouveau open work with a stylized flowery pattern. There is an Eagle Hallmark on the cross which is the French Hallmark for 18 Carat Gold ( 725/1000)
4) The Center of the rosary is of extreme rarity. It is a hand painted miniature of porcelain then Kiln fired and inserted in an 18 Carat Gold hand made frame. It represents Our Lay of Altagracia ( see explanation here below). This is the only such example of a representation of Our Lady of Altagracia that I have come across in my 50+ years of collecting
5. All Metal parts are 18 K Gold , chains, cross and center . Estimated minimum 10 Grams of 18 K Gold.
6. Total length : 47 cm (18.8 in.) -- Total weight : 29.2 grams. - This item will go over the head ( upto a hat measurement of 60 cm-XL) so it may be worn around the neck as is.
This item is exceptional and of great rarity, it is over 100 years old and still in great condition. Very heavy in 18 K gold with great Art Nouveau design.
Most probably a unique item.
This item has surely been passed on through generations - it is a great heirloom.
All Pictures are an intrinsic part of the description. You may zoom in for high definition photos.
Please do not hesitate to ask any question.
The image of Our Lady of Altagracia represents the nativity of Jesus in the manger in Betlehem, with St Joseph in the back scene, holding a candle in his left hand.
The Virgin Mary is wearing a crown as she is considered a Queen in Heaven.
Nostra Signora de Altagracia, today is considered as the protective and spiritual mother of the Dominican Republic and her feast Day is the 21 st of January
==== FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ====
This is a magnificent item that you will greatly enjoy or that would make a fantastic gift.
My selling principle is : " SATISFACTION OR REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %. I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase NO QUESTIONS ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
BUY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.