All Antique and Vintage Rosaries that I list come from my private collection.
They are genuine antiques – older than 100 years – or genuine vintages – from 30 to 100 years old.
All are in perfect condition and still very much usable. They are unique and a real pleasure to collect or still use.
The items in this listing are very rare and exquisite and have the following characteristics:
A) The Rosary
1) The rosary is a 5 decade Catholic Rosary made with top quality Sardinian Coral faceted beads. All metal parts are Sterling Silver.
2) The hallmark on the cross, is a French hallmark for sterling silver.
3) Beads are top quality Sardinian hand faceted Coral. Such coral is very rare nowadays as harvesting is forbidden.
Beads are faceted drums with an average 6x6 mm for Aves and 7x6 mm mm for the Paters. As they are hand carved these figures may differ slightly from one to the other, this is why and
average is mentioned.
4) The cross is 35 x 18 mm. It is a reliquary cross that may be opened as is shown in the pictures. It does not contain a reliquary. and the total length of the rosary is 43 cn ( 17.2 in. ).
5) The total length of the rosary is 43 cn ( 17.2 in. ). The weight of the rosary is 31.4 grams .
6) This rosary is greatly attractive, of extreme rarity and this is a unique opportunity to own such an old item in such an excellent pristine condition.
Its main special feature is that it has a Janus Memento Mori attached. This is a Rosary Bead Carved with the Head of the Crucified Christ on one side and a Human Skull on the other.
This rosary bead is carved in bone. The memento mori on this chaplet may very well date before 1876.
The aim of a Memento Mori is to remind us the inevitability of death. As the god of transitions and dualities, Janus is portrayed with two faces—one facing the past, and one facing the future.
This is why this representation or memento mori, with two opposite faces, is called a Janus memento mori.
The Rosary will not go over the head to be worn.
B) The Box
1) The rosary is presented in a sterling silver box with a repoussé design of Flowers. The Box is in excellent and pristine condition
2) The box is not of the same period and is hallmarked with a 925 Stamp for Sterling Silver.
I estimate the box to be early 20th century.
3) The weight of the box is 29 grams. Dimensions are 50 x 38 mm.
This is a set of great beauty and extreme rarity, heavy in sterling silver and antique Sardinian Coral, with a beautifully carved and extremely rare Janus memento mori, that will make it unique in any collection.
All Pictures are an intrinsic part of the description. Please use the zoom feature.
Please do not hesitate to ask any question.
==== FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ====
This is a magnificent item that you will greatly enjoy or that would make a fantastic gift.
My selling principle is :" SATISFACTION OR REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %.
I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase.
NO QUESTIONS ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
BUY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE
I accept Etsy Payment as well as Paypal.
All my items are shipped worldwide FREE from Switzerland.
Shipping is by A priority, Registered airmail, signed for delivery, with tracking number or by UPS.
ALWAYS ADVISE YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS THIS IS NOW REQUIRED BY ALL SERVICES
Tracking number as well as tracking website is advised to sellers as soon as shipping is done.
Thank you for your business.
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Request a cancellation within: 12 hours of purchase
But please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
Because of the nature of these items, unless they arrive damaged or defective, I can't accept returns for:
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.
My selling principle is:
" SATISFACTION OR REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %.
I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase;
NO QUESTIONS ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
Buy with total confidence !!!!
Please do not hesitate to let me know your special requests.