All Antique and Vintage Rosaries that I list come from my private collection. They are genuine antiques – older than 100 years – or genuine vintages – from 30 to 100 years old. All are in perfect condition and still very much usable. They are unique and a real pleasure to collect or still use.
The very rare and surely unique item in this listing has the following characteristics:
This is a Bavarian Catholic 5 decade rosary dating from the mid 19th century. It is made of Sterling filigree Silver and natural genuine large Baltic amber beads.
Many attachments in Sterling Silver on the rosary, which terminates with a large and unique Filigree Sterling and Gold reliquary, very intricate and heavy in Silver
1. 12.5 mm average dia. Vintage Baltic Amber beads for the Ave Marias with an awesome cognac color and some with inclusions.
2. 17.5 mm dia. Filigree Sterling silver Beads typically Bavarian. Separator beads between all beads are also sterling silver filigree : 132 separators !!
3. STERLING SILVER Filigree Bavarian round Reliquary 65 mm in diameter with 2 gold medals on both sides. One medal represents the sacred heart of Jesus while the other represents the crowned Virgin Mary with Child Jesus Please look at the picture closely. Weight of the Silver reliquary alone is 47 grams.
4. Credo Cross typical of the Bavarian Rosaries is also sterling silver filigree and large : 50 x 50 mm.
6. Attached to the rosary are 4 Sterling medals and two filigree sterling Reliquaries, one round and one in cross form. Pictures describe best.
7. Total length of the rosary is 67 cm (26.8 in.) This is a large item.
8. Total weight of the rosary : 165 grams -- Of this weight over 120 grams are sterling silver weight : approx. 4 troy ounces !!! Estimated gold weight of both medals : 10 grams . Gold tests for 14K.
Hallmarks and tests done.
Will easily go over the head and be worn.
This is a never seen example of an Antique Bavarian Filigree silver Rosaries in 5 decades. It is a great and unique item, in pristine condition, extremely heavy in sterling silver.
It has a special place in a collection as well as a special thrill to use for praying.
It is exceptional as complete and in very nice condition, dating from the early 18th century - practically 200 years old.
All Pictures are an intrinsic part of the description. Please use the zoom function
Please do not hesitate to ask any question.
I remain at disposal for any further info about Bavarian Rosaries.
==== FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ====
This is a magnificent item that you will greatly enjoy or that would make a fantastic gift.
My selling principle is : " SATISFACTION OR REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %.
I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase
NO QUESTIONS ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
BUY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE
Just contact me within: 3 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 7 days of delivery
Please contact me if you have any problems with your order.